CROWN ROYAL FISHING SCRATCH AND WIN PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID IN CALIFORNIA AND WHEREVER ELSE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on 4/1/12 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on 6/30/12. To obtain a game piece, look in specially-marked packages of Crown Royal (“Game Piece”). With the side of a coin or your fingernail, scratch-off the fish on the Game Piece to reveal a winning message. Follow the directions on each Game Piece to redeem the prize listed on the Game Piece. Place winning piece in a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mail to: Crown Royal Fishing Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1188, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-1188. Standard postage stamp required. To obtain a free Game Piece, visit www.CrownRoyal.com (“Web site”) and follow the on-screen instructions to obtain a free Game Piece via mail no later than 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 6/30/12. Limit one Game Piece per person. Multiple Free Game Requests or prize redemptions will automatically result in disqualification. All Game Pieces become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect or postage-due mail entries, all of which are void. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of the Sponsor to contact/notify the winner.
2. Prize Claims and Winner Notification:
a. First, Second and Third Prize Claims: To claim the First, Second or Third prize revealed on your Game Piece, hand print your complete name and address on the card, seal the self-contained Game Piece and adhere standard first-class postage and place in the mail. All Game Piece claims must be received no later than on August 15, 2012, or prize will be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected or prize awarded. Prizes will be awarded to the name provided on the winning Game Piece. For First and Second prizes, Sponsor advises you make a copy of the winning Game Piece prior to mailing.
b. Grand Prize Claims: To claim a Grand Prize revealed on your Game Piece, hand print your complete name and address on the card, seal the self-contained Game Piece and adhere standard first-class postage and place in the mail. All Grand Prize Game Piece claims must be received no later than on August 15, 2012, or prize will be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected or prize awarded. Prizes will be awarded to the name provided on the winning Game Piece. Sponsor advises you make a copy of the winning Game Piece prior to mailing. All prize claims are subject to verification. Decisions of Sponsor are final. All Grand Prize winners will be contacted by telephone at the number provided on the Game Piece prize claim on or about August 15, 2012. Each First, Second and Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 10 days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion. If the First, Second and/or Grand Prize winners cannot be located after three (3) attempts by Sponsor, or does not respond to attempt to be notified within 10 days, prize will automatically be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected or prize awarded. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All prize claims are subject to verification. Decisions of Sponsor are final. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Any Game Piece that is illegible, mutilated, altered, duplicated, tampered with, forged, cut, torn, contains printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors, was not obtained legitimately or was distributed where prohibited by law, is null and void. Only Game Pieces obtained via Rule #1 shall be deemed to have been obtained legitimately. In the event of a printing, production or other error or irregular Game Piece, Sponsor nor its agents and agencies shall have any liability. If, due to a printing, production or other error, more winning Game Pieces are distributed, or more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level described above, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. Game Pieces may not be transferred or sold. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, delayed, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, postage due, misdirected mail or mail not received by the deadlines set forth above.
3. Prizes/Odds and Approximate Retail Value’s (ARV’s): Grand Prizes: A $5,000 Sponsor-specified gift card, to be used for fishing gear. ARV: $5,000.00 each. Approximately three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Actual number of grand prizes awarded is determined by the number of game pieces redeemed. First Prizes: A $100 Sponsor-specified gift certificate, to be used for fishing gear. ARV: $100.00 each. Approximately forty (40) First Prizes will be awarded. Actual number of first prizes awarded is determined by the number of game pieces redeemed. Second Prizes: A Crown Royal branded tackle bag. ARV: $50.00 each. Approximately eight one (81) second prizes will be awarded. Actual number of second prizes awarded is determined by the number of game pieces redeemed. Third Prizes: A Saltwater or Freshwater lure. Approximately Forty-thousand Four Hundred Thirty-Six (40,436) third prizes will be awarded. Actual number of third prizes awarded is determined by the number of game pieces redeemed. ARV: $4.50 each. Odds are based on number of redeemable entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Total ARV: $205,012.00.
4. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry except California, and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Americas, Inc. and its respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. General Conditions: Entry in the Promotion constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the prize winner. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize. Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above. The value of any prize greater than $599.00 won by a participant under the promotion is taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations. In consideration of the undersigned's receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever shall release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Promotion, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Promotion; prize winner’s Promotion entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due mail-in entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Promotion, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Winner’s List: For a list of Grand, First and Second Prize winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “CROWN ROYAL FISHING PROMOTION WINNERS”, P.O. Box 367, Loretto, MN 55357. All requests for the winner’s list must be postmarked by 7/30/12 and received by 8/5/12.
Sponsor: Diageo Americas, Inc., Norwalk, CT
CROWN ROYAL Blended Canadian Whisky. 40% Alc/Vol. (c) 2012 The Crown Royal Company, Norwalk, CT.
Please Drink Responsibly.