Crown Royal Race Matt Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN CALIFORNIA ANDWHEREVER ELSE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) on 1/6/11 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on 9/30/11 ("Promotional Period"). There will be three (3) separate drawings ("Drawing Pools") throughout the Promotional Period, as set forth in the Drawing and Prize Schedule set forth in these rules. To enter, access the Crown Royal Website at www.CrownRoyal.com and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit your online entry form. To enter offline, hand print your name, street address, city, state, zip code and telephone number and the words "CROWN ROYAL SWEEPSTAKES" on a 3" x 5" card and mail to: "Crown Royal Racing Sweepstakes" P.O. Box 72849, DEPT E, Rockford, MN 55572. All entries must be received by the Entry Deadlines as set forth in the Drawing Schedule below. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect or postage-due mail, entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winner. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Prizes: Three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded, one (1) Grand Prize winner per Drawing Pool. There will be three separate Drawing Pools as outlined in Paragraph 3 below. Winners will each receive a trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, NV for 4-days/3-nights, including round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from major airport nearest winner's residence to Las Vegas, NV, hotel accommodations for two (2) based on double occupancy for four (4) days, three (3) nights , round-trip transportation to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Richard Petty Driving Experience and for a timed trial race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for a chance for the Grand Prize winner to race against Matt Kenseth. In addition, Grand Prize winners will receive two (2) tickets and ground transportation to the NASCAR Driver Banquet on a Sponsor-specified date. Approximate retail value of prize is $8,000.00 each. Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. Actual retail value may vary depending upon point of departure and any difference between the approximate retail value and actual retail value will not be awarded. If any portion of the prize should become unavailable for any reason, then Sponsor shall not be responsible for awarding that part of the prize.
All three Grand Prize winners will have an opportunity to compete in a time-trial race against Matt Kenseth. If a Grand Prize winner wins the time-trial lap, they will receive an additional cash prize of $17,000.00. Approximate retail value of prize, if won, is $25,000.00. If any Grand Prize winner does not win the time-trial race, the $17,000.00 will be awarded to a Sponsor-specified charity and the approximate retail value of their prize remains at $8,000.00. If any Grand Prize winner does not elect to compete the time-trial race, that portion of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor is not obligated to award that portion of the prize.
Approximate retail value of all Prizes: $24,000.00 - $41,000.00.
3. Winner Determination: Winners will be selected in random drawings for each of the three (3) Drawing Pools, to be held per the Drawing and Prize Schedule below from among all eligible entries received for each Drawing Pool's drawing period by Colangelo Synergy Marketing, an independent organization whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded from each Drawing Pool. Non-winning entries for any Drawing Pool will be carried over to subsequent Drawing Pools. Limit one prize per person/household. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received for each Drawing Pool. Potential winners will be notified by phone or email on or about the dates listed in the Drawing Pool Schedule below and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within 5 days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion. If potential winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within 5 days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner's guest must also sign a Liability Release prior to awarding of prize, and must be 21 years of age or older.
Drawing Pool Schedule:
Winners will be chosen in three drawing periods ("Drawing Schedules"):
Drawing No. 1 - The first drawing will take place on approximately 4/15/11 and will be chosen from entries received from 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) on 1/6/11 through 11:59:59 p.m. 3/31/11. Mail in entries must be postmarked by 3/31/11 and received by 4/10/11. The winner of Drawing No. 1 will be notified on or about 4/30/11.
Drawing No. 2 - The second drawing will take place on or about 7/15/11 and will consist of entries received from 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) on 4/1/11 through 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on 6/30/11. Mail in entries must be postmarked by 6/30/11 and received by 7/7/11. The winner of Drawing No. 2 will by notified on or about 7/30/11.
Drawing No. 3 - The third drawing will take place on or about 10/15/11 and will consist of entries received from 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) on 7/1/11 through 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on 9/30/11. Mail in entries must be postmarked by 9/30/11 and received by 10/10/11. The winner of Drawing No. 3 will be notified on or about 10/30/11.
The winner will be notified by phone or email on or about 1/25/2011, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond within five (5) days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. Trip winner's guests must sign and return a liability/publicity release form prior to travel. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes winner's consent for Sponsor to use an entrant's name, city and state of residence, voice, signature, statements, Contest entry, biographical information, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without any additional compensation or consideration. Entrants expressly agree to waive any and all rights to publicity that they have or may have arising out of or relating to the Contest.
4. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry except California and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Americas, Inc., and its respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. Contest entry must be original, not have been entered in any other contest, or violate the rights of other parties, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other parties. Contest entry may not, in the opinion of the judges, and/or the Sponsor be obscene, provocative, lewd, libelous, reflect poorly on the Crown Royal brand or alcohol beverage consumption generally, or be otherwise inappropriate for use in advertising or for promotional or publicity purposes, as determined by the Judge(s) and/or the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Contest entry must be unpublished and must be the work solely of the entrant. Judges will disqualify any Contest entry published in magazines, papers, or any other medium, or entered in other contests. By submitting a Contest entry, entrant represents and warrants that all person(s) depicted or referenced in the submission in any way have given their express written consent to be referenced or depicted in the submission understanding how the submission may be used as contemplated by these Official Rules. Submission of a Contest entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify the Contest entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Contest entry in any way in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to Sponsor's website, without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Contest entry. Submission of a Contest entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Contest entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property and proprietary rights.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of the undersigned's receipt of any prize, the winner for himself or herself and his or her heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge from any and all claims, demands, causes of action or other liabilities, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the undersigned ever had, now has or might in the future have against any of the other Sponsors resulting in any manner from and/or by reason of the winner's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt and use of any prize, including any future use of the prize.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the sweepstakes at any time without notice or further obligation.
6. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due mail-in entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error, which may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Winner's List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to "Crown Royal Race Matt Winners", P.O. Box 72849, Dept W, Rockford, MN 55572. All requests for the winner's list must be postmarked by 11/30/11 and received by 12/15/11.
Sponsor: Diageo Americas, Inc. Norwalk, CT
Please Drink Responsibly.
CROWN ROYAL Blended Canadian Whisky. 40% Alc/Vol. (c)2011 The Crown Royal Company, Norwalk, CT.